APPLYING FOR THE 2013 CARL AND LILLIAN ILLIG POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP
must have a recognized Ph.D. or equivalent in any of the fields related
nanoscience and engineering, including; chemistry, physics, material
science, electrical, chemical and environmental engineering.
- Candidates must be able to complete the appointment within five years of the award of the Ph.d. degree
- Since the length of the fellowship is two years, they must be able
to start their apointment by the third anniversary date of their Ph.D.
- If the Ph.D. is pending, the applicant must defend his/her Ph.D. thesis successfully by January 31, 2014
- Candidates must secure the support of a Rice University faculty member of the Smalley Institute
- Postdocs already working at Rice are eligible to apply, provided that they satisfy the timing requirements above
- Rice postdocs do not have an advantage over external applicants
- One letter of support from a Rice University faculty member of the Smalley Institute. For a full list of Smalley Institute members, please go to www.nano.rice.edu and click on Smalley
- Research proposal (three pages maximum, plus an additional two pages of references and figures)
- A resume and three additional letters of recommendation
- All applications must be submitted to John Marsh, Director of Operations of the Smalley Institute, via email (email@example.com) by Friday, October 4, 2013.
Additional timeline information:
- The winner of the award will be announced in late October 2013
- Start date for the appointment: January 1, 2014 (with grace period for moving, thesis defense, etc.)
For a pdf with full eligibility and application details, please click here.
Rice University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.