APPLYING FOR THE 2013 EVANS ATTWELL-WELCH
- Candidates must have received their Ph. D. within three years prior to start date, or if the Ph.D. is pending, defend their Ph.D. thesis successfully by July 31, 2013
- Candidates must secure the support of a Rice University faculty member of the Smalley Institute
- One letter of support from a Rice University faculty member of the Smalley Institute, asserting that the faculty member will provide a place in his/her group for the candidate, in the event the candidate is the winner of the fellowship. Full list of Smalley Institute members at www.nano.rice.edu (click on Smalley Institute Members).
- Three additional letters of recommendation
- Research proposal (three pages maximum, plus an additional two pages of references and figures)
Deadline and how to submit:
- All applications should be received by March 29, 2013 at the Richard E. Smalley Institute for Nanoscale Science and Technology, submitted by email to John Marsh, Director of Operations of the Smalley Institute, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional timeline information:
- The winner of the award will be announced on the second or third week of April 2013.
- The fellowship will commence on July 1, 2013 at the earliest, but a delayed start date is allowed. The latest the fellowship may start is September 30, 2013.
For a pdf with full eligibility and application details, click here.
Rice University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.