SMALLEY INSTITUTE FELLOWSHIPS – A PRESTIGIOUS TRADITION
- Beginning with the first appointment of a J. Evans Attwell/Welch Postdoctoral Fellow in 2002, the Smalley Institute has been home to what have become some of the most coveted research fellowships in the world.
- The generosity began with the 1997 establishment of the Carl and Lillian Illig Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Nanotechnology, and will launch its first appointment in 2013. The Evans Attwell and the Peter M. and Ruth L. Nicholas Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Nanotechnology were funded starting in 1998.
- Since the first appointment, the Smalley Institute fellowships have attracted over 15 of the world’s brightest and most productive researchers at the nanoscale, with several moving directly into tenure-track positions at universities across the globe.
For more information about how these fellowships came about, click here .
NEW SCHEDULE FOR SMALLEY INSTITUTE POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIPS
- Next up: Carl and Lillian Illig Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Nanotechnology. Planned announcement of dates and deadlines in Spring 2013.
- J. Evans Attwell/Welch Post-Doctoral Fellowship: planning to make one new appointment annually.